Thursday, September 7, 2023

Common Art 02: Silhouettes

 

Week 2, I focused on the use of strong silhouette to characterize Ness from Earthbound.


    I wanted to make sure the silhouette could stand alone on itself before any character details come into the mix, and this includes both dynamic and stand alone poses that were visually interesting and illustrate the character's personality.




    I turned to the source material itself to gain a better understanding of Ness and his character, since I had no experience with Earthbound outside of Super Smash Bros. So this project turned out to be super fun, but I also discovered I love the style of Earthbound, and I'm hoping to continue the game in my free time! (if I have any free time, haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Artist Roadmap: August 2023